Front End Communicator 🌐
When I’m not pushing pixels or guiding graphemes, you might catch me exploring an abandoned power plant or plunking a Jim Croce tune on my 12‑string axe.
Front End Engineering
Back End Engineering
“ I’ve gotten to know him as a reliable team player with rock star front‑end development skills and the best personality. I could spend a day citing all the times/tasks where Mac has freely given much more than required, for me and for the team, but suffice to say over the past few years his efforts were instrumental in our company’s growth… ”
I’ve taught myself and been taught by others. Whether a new technique or new tech stack, there is always something to appreciate, learn and reciprocate.
Any process, any size, connecting data to the user where it’s consumed in a natural and intuitive interface, always lights me up. It’s a flow thing.
GitHub and Stack Overflow are fantastic communities. I enjoy sharing explanations and code snippets to help others use the puzzles I’ve solved.
- WordPress (Security, Theme/Plugin Customization, Shortcode API, Custom Fields Meta) 75%
- Ecommerce (WooCommerce, Shopify, SaaS) 70%
- Marketing & Email Automation (Marketo, MailChimp, Litmus); Email Template Creation 60%
- SEO (Analytics, Wistia, On-Page / Off-Page; Online Reputation Management) 65%
- Markup (DOM, Semantic HTML5 / APIs; Microdata, RDFa) 95%
- Presentation (CSS3, Bootstrap 4, SVG, Animation, Flex) 90%
- Data (XML, JSON-LD; AJAX, ASYNC, Promises; UTF-8 Encoding; CORS; Web Scraping; RESTful APIs) 95%
- Back-End Core (PHP 5.6, PHP 7, cURL) 70%
- Database (MySQLi, Oracle PL/SQL) 65%
- Server Configuration (Apache; MAMP / LAMP Stacks) 60%
- Design (Desktop, Mobile Web; UI, UX; CUI, CUX, VUX; Web Video) 70%
- Consistency across multi-platform, multi-browser & multi-device audience 85%
- Interactive Interface (Mobile-First, Responsive; Touch; Conversational / Voice) 75%
- Language (Fluent Native English Speaker / Writer / Editor; Creative / Technical / Content / Copy) 95%
- Security (Password Analysis, Hashing, Data Privacy, Code Obfuscation, Amateur Cryptographer) 85%
- Giving Back to the Community (Open Source, GitHub; Stack Overflow) 55%
- Vehemently Lobbing Caustic Expletives at Internet Explorer (not Edge) 100%
- Front End Engineering 90%
- Back End Engineering 70%
- Coding 95%
- Design 75%